Saturday, June 26, 2010

I can't believe another week has passed!



"bingo games" (page 155)


Random, you say? Not really. The women where I work LOVE Tuesdays because Tuesday means BINGO DAY! It's so great to see how happy it makes them. The other day we got a huge donation and they all rushed in--Were they rushing in to try and grab the donation bags first? Nope! They were trying to decide which ones would make the best bingo prizes so each person could win them fairly. All of these things really give me a new appreciation for bingo games. Man, I love my internship location :-)

Well I legit can't believe another week has passed. What a whirlwind! Unfortunately on Monday my mentor cancelled on me for breakfast, but I used the time to study for the
midterm that I had on Tuesday. Tuesday morning, Lindsey, Chelsea, and I took off for the Capitol on a pre-arragned trip where we got to sit on the House Floor and listen to a Rep from Nebraska (I think) give us a short speech and Q & A session. Wednesday was Lindsey's 21ST BIRTHDAY, which was great, although drinking on a work night here is NOT a good idea, we all found out.

As we were all dying from hangovers on Thursday, we were sad to say goodbye to Chelsea's boyfriend, Ryan, who's been staying here all week and he's kind of become a family member! Thursday night was a girl's night for the first time in a long time and all 5 of us roommates piled onto the couch and watched "How I Met Your Mother" (TV show), which was fun. I also cooked up a storm all night, which was great! I'm really loving cooking. Friday night Lindsey had some people over as did I (Megan, Megan's roommate, and Dani, as per usual), but most of the roomies ended up staying in and chatting because we were exhausted from the week. Saturday was the World Cup qualifying game, so myself, Katie, Kate, and Lindsey took off and met Megan and Dani and a bunch of people Megan knew down at a sports bar in Arlington to watch. Too bad U.S.A. lost :-( But Sara, another Belizean baby, came into town and met up with us which was GREAT! After the game, Kate and I went to the free BBQ our program put on, which was fun. I met up with Karla, the girl I work with, and her son and nanny, which was really fun. Then I spent the night hanging with my Belizean babies and then watching The Time Traveler's Wife with Katie. What a depressing, but great movie. Now it's the wee hours of Sunday morning (just 10 minutes in), and I'm doing a little homework and updating this before I sleep.

Tomorrow I need to study ALL day (I have a final Tuesday and a paper due within the week, as well as a journal assignment and a ton of readings. Oh dear.) and hopefully get in a littl grocery shopping. And then this upcoming weekend is the 4th of July...And when DILLON comes! It is CRAZY how fast these weeks pass, although they drag on forever while they're going on....Only 35 more days! I really like it here and I love all my roommates, but I really miss Vermont and am excited to return home :-)

0 comments: