Friday, June 4, 2010

And off we go!


"yankee ingenuity" (page 3)

Well, this one is a bit hard for me to agree with one-sided, because I think we should appreciate Southerner's ingenuity as well. However, as I head south (not actually into the South, but that direction) I figure that I might as well give some kudos to the people that have/still do make up the area where I've spent the last 6 years of my life. After all, people such as Harriet Beecher Stowe, John F Kennedy, Paul Revere, Emily Dickinson, and Nathaniel Hawthorne hail from the New England area and they were all "pretty cool" people :-) Not to mention I've seen the way people problem solve in the snow and it never ceases to amaze me.


As my last week in Burlington until August, this has been quite a wonderful week! On Tuesday, I finally began moving back into my room. It felt amazing! I've done some re-ordering of furniture, but it's no where near finished. I, of course, spent the week with people instead of unpacking so there are still boxes everywhere. Oh well! I went over to Margaret's later in the afternoon, and after assembling her bed and gorging on chocolate from her Mom's candy store, we had a little get together with some Belize peeps :-) It was FANTASTIC to see them. My gosh, I LOVE those people.


Haylley, one of my really good friends that is subletting for Marian, returned Tuesday as well and on Wednesday I continued packing attempts, bought a rug on Craigslist, said goodbye to Margaret, and then Haylley, Sarah, and I had a cooking fest and Haylley made some amazing fajitas for us with stuff she brought back from Texas (where she's from)!


Thursday, I woke up and biked on over to Winter's new place and helped she and her roommates move in. Unfortunately my camera died (a horrible thing for a photo addict), so I didn't get to document the hilarity of the day, but trust me, hilarity was to be had. But the house looks great!....And all electrical problems have been solved (good thing Win didn't get electrically-a-cuted....).

Today I'm finishing up last minute packing (which is kind of my M.O.) and desperately trying to get out the door at a reasonable hour to drive to Putney to see Dill one last night. I think burrito making is in my future, which clearly makes me one happy camper. Then tomorrow, I take off in the morning for Virginia to spend the night with Uncle Bob and Papa. I can't believe the day has already arrived! Then Sunday I move into Georgetown....Let the insanity begin!

0 comments: