Monday, May 31, 2010

Tying up loose ends


"brand new notebooks" (page 2)


Ahhhh, school supply shopping. Little more makes me happier. I just love walking into a Staples or Office Depot/Max and taking in that fresh paper scent. I really could spend hours (and hundreds of dollars) in those stores. I figured this was an appropriate thing to be happy about as I prepare to journey to D.C. in order to participate in classes and intern at a program through Georgetown University. It is definitely yet another season of new notebooks and novel experiences.

These past few days were spent at Dillon's lake house in Southern Massachusetts in honor
of the long Memorial Day weekend. What a great treat! We spent the weekend canoeing, kayaking, swimming, hanging out with Dill's parents, grandma, and aunt/uncle, having cookouts, and just having a regular good ol' time. As I gear up for the ensured insanity of my D.C. program, it was nice to have a little time to relax!





Spending the day on the lake

The canoe that Dill constructed himself

The puzzle Dill, his father, and I (mostly the men) spent time tackling

Hanging out with the birdie who's 20th birthday is today (the 1st)!

Yesterday (I spose I should say that since it's past midnight), Dill and I drove back into Burlington and I discovered that I got my room back from my subletter! Whoo hoo! I won't have time to totally unpack before I leave, but it'll be nice to get my stuff into one space.

I met up with Margaret, one of my roommates from the first half of the Belize semester, in the evening and we went downtown and had dinner with one of her friends and then hung out with her subletter on her porch on Isham. Tomorrow, I'm going to do a bit of room cleaning/reorganizing and then help Margaret move some stuff into her apartment. Haylley, who's subletting from Marian, is getting back from Texas tomorrow, and hopefully Margaret and I will be able to meet up with a couple other Belize people who are back in the area. What a busy day!

The rest of this week will be filled with shoving my possessions in my unfinished (in the organizing sense) room and helping other friends move in as well as get myself ready to move on out for my next adventure. Life might be crazy, but at least it's never boring!

0 comments: