Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Catching Up

"the position of your head as you bite into a taco" (page 1)

Okay, so if you know me at all, I'm sure you weren't expecting me to pick normal things to be happy about. Well, rest assured, you will not be let down. Let's explore this one. Imagine someone's head as their biting into a taco--A little lopsided, titled back a little incase any disasters occur with falling-apart tacos (if you stuff them like I do, this is a major problem). And then things get subjective. Just about everyone is more comfortable tilting their head to one side as opposed to the other when the do such a motion, so which are you? Be honest, who didn't just hold up an imaginary taco to figure out which way the prefer putting their head? I happen to go to the right, personally. I guess now it's up to us to deduce why exactly this is something to be happy about. Because people look funny when they are sitting there trying to not make a mess of themselves? Because each person has a particular way of going about it? It's up to you to decide. Hey, I said that I would put these tidbits out there, not that I was going to give you the answers to happiness. I didn't say this was going to be easy.... 0:-)

Well, as usual, my life is never sedentary. My life Stateside is borderline more insane than my life in Central America. As per usual, my return flight from Belize encountered an array of problems, but in the end the passengers prevailed and I arrived back in the States a little after midnight in the wee hours of May 3rd. good ol' Dad was up and waiting for me at the airport. I had a nice 5 days at home where I got to relax at home and "debrief" as my life flip-flopped once again. Kendall and I, as usual, were nutso and went out to Wendy's for ice cream looking as such:

Then came May 8, the day to go back to Burlington! Gee, was I excited. I hadn't been home in almost 5 months. I arrived home on a delayed flight (how surprising), and there was Mr. Dill Pickle waiting to pick me up! Being reunited, of course, was fantastic. We went home and I chatted with Marian and Sarah before hitting the hay at some absurdly late bedtime.


Here is what I was up to for the first week and a half of being home:

Dill and I after volunteering at Lund Family Center's Mother's Day Bike Ride (an event put on by the non-profit where I interned for 9 months before leaving for Belize). It snowed that morning and it was May 9th!

The trio is finally reunited once again :-D

Catching up with my high school buddies, Megan and Kaitlin.

The Belize reunions begin! This is Winter, Caitlin, myself, and Matt at Caitlin's birthday celebration in Burlington.

More Belize reunions: Winter, myself, Sara, and Emily trying to adjust to New England temperatures whilst spending the night on Jared's island camp in Hinesburg on Lake Iroquoi.


Sara, Jared, and I decided to head out to her grandparent's condo in Stowe and hang out for a couple nights. (I have no idea how to turn off this underlining madness)

Sara and I did a bit of adventuring around the beautiful area surrounding the Stowe ski resort.

Sara came with me on the fateful journey to Moe's so I could once again be reunited with my greatest love in life.

After all this loveliness, I decided to head to the Granite State, AKA New Hampsha, to visit Miss Winter Heath. She was visiting in Burlington so I drove her home and stayed for a few days. She and I did so many activities!

This is Winter's cat, Chuck Norris. He evidently loves me.

Winter schooled me in the ways of tie dye so we could preserve our La Ruta Maya shirts that were yucky from the blood, sweat, and tears we lost during the canoe race.

Chutter's! The longest candy counter in the world. New Hampshire's claim to fame now that the Man in the Mountain has crashed into the lake below.

Ah, yes, maturity.

Outback of the house where Winter grew up across town.

Myself, Winter, and her friend Michelle enjoying the finally wonderful New England weather.

Picnic-ing in the backyard

Winne and I overlooking Littleton.

Win with the family's truck, Big Pimpin'.

Winter's friend Kori, myself, Winter, and Winter's little sister, Taylor, all enjoying a campfire and some s'mores.

Win and I on the chairs we bought yard sale-ing that we're going to repaint.

How we kept ourselves occupied the whole time I was there.

Yes, we did seriously wear these all around town and document it.


After this bonding period in New Hampshire, I headed down to Westminster to visit my lumberjacking boyfriend. We had some good times in the middle-of-nowhere Vermont. It is redeemed by its beauty.

Me overlooking the local beaver pond.

Dill and I on our adventure through the woods.

We tried to get as Vermont-redneck as possible. I think we did pretty well!

Dill taught me how to drive a tractor!

Pulled pork pancakes....Don't knock it 'till you try it!

Flowers that Dill Pickle brought me....Happy girlfriend!

Today, I'm finally heading back up to Burlington. Sarah and I are gunna catch some rays and I'm going to spend the next few days catching up on my life in a variety of ways. I'm looking forward to getting on top of my to-do list again!

0 comments: