Saturday, May 29, 2010

So many creemees, so little time


"the ketchup that collects at the lip of the bottle" (page 3).

Now if you know anything about me, you know that I am OBSESSED with ketchup. I put it on everything. Well, almost everything (no, i stray away from its addition to things such as ice cream and chocolate). This thing to be happy about somewhat perplexes me. I really don't enjoy the ketchup that collects on the lip of the bottle, especially not the stuff in the cap--It collects and gets kind of gooey, which is not the type of ketchup I enjoy. But I guess it's all just personal preference. I mean, does she just enjoy watching the ketchup collect on the lip of the bottle? Or does she enjoy eating it? Christ. Why is this book so complicated?!

Well, after a lovely week away from Burlington, I finally got BACK to lovely Burlington, which was excellent. I really missed it! I also finally got to hang out with some people who I haven't seen in forever, which was great. I forgot to mention that I had lunch with Trav earlier this week, so it was great to see another Belize buddy!

When I got back Sarah had finally returned home and later in the day we went to the beach. This seagull spent an incredible amount of time trying to get into some muffin-sort of plastic packaging, which is near and dear to my own heart. Sometimes you've just gotta have the goods.



We made some excellent dinner, heavily seasoned with complete seasoning, and then I dropped Sarah off at her dinner event like any good mother does. I met up with Amanda for creemees at Burlington Bay, a classic summer event, and as we were there we watched a HUGE storm roll in. It was insane! We watched sky go from calm and clear to clouds rolling in with huge lightening bursts. It was definitely the worst storm we've had since last summer (when it hailed...twice!)

After some hangout time withe Amanda at Redstone Apartments, I came home and
literally thought I was going to die from the heat. Man, you lose your tolerance FAST! People won't believe that I just lived in Belize for 4 months with the lack of heat tolerance I've developed.


Thursday, Sarah and I went and did some serious work clothes shopping. I finally have all the "young professional" clothing that I need for D.C., thank God. After catching lunch with a friend I went to the beach at Oakledge Park with a group and did some fantastic grilling and frisbee playing. No, my frisbee skills have NOT improved from last summer. Then I biked to Bradley Street to celebrate a friend's birthday and was lovingly given a ride home by Sarah, Isaac, and crew on their way back from Sex and the City 2, which apparently is not all it's cracked up to be.


Yesterday I slept in and then went to Recycle North (or REsource, as it is now called....not a fan) and did some major bargain shopping which involved me getting a whole shopping cart worth of kitchen stuff for $10. Damn, I love that place. Later in the day, Sarah, Isaac, and I hiked (or as Isaac says, "strolled") up Mount Philo, which was great because it was right when the sun was starting to set.

Vermont is such a gorgeous state. I kept up my reputation as the sweater, because even as the sun was going down I continued to emit copious amounts of liquid. Mmm, mmm, mmmmhhhhmmm. I decided to take this tree picture in honor of the multiple pictures like that that I have of me in Belize.



Sarah and I came home and made a lovely dinner and then went out for CREEMEES. Like I said, this
becomes a staple of my Nurlington summer. I can't help it--I think that Burlington Bay puts crack in their creemees. Dillon arrived after getting a little confused as to where exactly Sarah and I were, and then we came home and I tried to make a packing list for D.C. Oh dear. Fitting my life into a suitcase...AGAIN.

Today, Dill and I are off to his family's lake house in Southern Massachusetts for the the holiday weekend, which should be a lot of fun. It's
going to be a weekend filled with lots of food and canoeing as well as family
time :-)

Next week I'm getting ready to take off for D.C., as well as helping Miss Winter
move into her apartment and hanging with Haylley when she returns. Now if I
actually get in any sleep is another matter all together....

0 comments: