Thursday, July 29, 2010

Last day of work!


"being cool" (page 43)


Now, I'm not sure exactly what the book is referring here to, but currently, I'm thinking this in temperature terms. I mean, I don't know who doesn't hope to be a "cool" person in the sense of personality, but when you're experiencing constant 90-100 degree weather with 60%-100% humidity EVERY DAY OF YOUR LIFE all ya want is a little cool air!

Soon, however, I'm going to get my wish! Today was my last day at work. WHOA! I can't believe it. Here is Karla and I with our thank you cards from the internship site :-D

What a great internship. Seriously, Karla and I lucked out so much. We're always telling people how much we appreciate our job--To the people at work and people in the program! We got to learn a lot in the office and in direct service, not to mention bake every Friday, so it was pretty much the best job ever. And we really lucked out having each other as intern partners. I guess they've never assigned two people to Rachael's at once before, but I'm sure glad this year they decided to! They even baked us a cake to send us off :-D At the left is me in front of the day shelter building. It's a little blurry, but you get the idea. That's where I've been going every weekday for the last 8 weeks!


This week was pretty hectic, as usual. But what else would you expect? Monday night after class, Julie, Alison, and I got together to make dinner, which was fun. Tuesday night Kate and I went to Five Guys for dinner, which was delicious, after our very last Georgetown class of the summer...Crazy! Last night, Wednesday night, Alison and I went to take picture on the gigantic adirondack chair that's outside of a nearby school and got fro yo as well. Each night I've worked on my final papers for my class too, and I finally finished those today...Success!

Dinner making with Alison and Julie

Five Guys burger...it'll change your life!

Photoshoot with Alison on the adirondack chair...My favorite :-)

The nearby stair case that was used in filming The Exorcist...Scary!

Tonight, Alison's Dad is getting into town, so I'm going to go out to dinner with them and adopt myself into their family for a night. Tomorrow is GRADUATION! Crazy! Perhaps a little silly for only 9 credits, but I can't believe how fast this summer program went by. My brother, Jon, is coming to watch the ceremony I believe and then we're going to grab lunch after. Then I've gotta pack up all my stuff and plan on spending the evening with my roomies, Sherrald and her roommate, Andrea, and hopefully Dani! :-) One of my roommates, my in-room roommate, left this morning, actually. She decided that she really wanted to go home so she took off a couple days early. On Saturday, good ol' Ginnykins is coming to pick me up so our week of fun can begin! And then that night, she, myself, Dani, and Sherrald are going to a Paramore concert...Tee hee!

I've really gotten a lot out of this program, but it's definitely time to have a bit of a break. I'm really looking forward to my week with Gin and then I'm REALLY looking forward to going home :-) Life will be hectic from the start, but I'll be in the Big VT with my favoritest people in life, so all will be right!

0 comments: