Sunday, July 25, 2010

I can't believe it's the last week!


"credit cards" (page 222)

I now officially have no idea what this woman is talking about. I think that credit cards are an issue in our country--How is it a good idea to LOAN basically anyone money? I mean, maybe the base idea is good, but it needs some major tweaking. Not to mention, although I had fun in the last 4 days, I will be unhappy with my money statement. Sigh. So, I'm a bit confused on this one.

HOWEVER, the last week has been great! I can't believe how fast it flew by. It was pretty standard--Work, classes, a financial planning seminar, our last internship seminar class...Surviving. Last Thursday, a few of my friends came over for a wine night, which was really fun! We, of course, stayed up far too late and Friday was a rough morning to get up. I could've slept in, but instead Julie and I (the girl in the picture to the right) got up and went to volunteer for Alison at the Y (where she interns) because we love her that much. Admire the 3 of us below:
After volunteering I took off for work, and then met up with Alison in Dupont Circle to head over to the modern sculpture garden for "Jazz in the Gardens". It's held every Friday. Well, we're idiots and got totally lost, but after walking about 1.5 miles in over 100 degree weather, we eventually got there and met up with everyone. It was really fun! Everyone came back to the dorms and hung out in various places all night. Below (from left to right) are Alison, myself, and Kate (my roommate) at Jazz in the Gardens.



Eating at Ben's Chili Bowl on the way home....A famous DC burger joint!!

On Saturday I slept in a little and then got to Skype with Miss Monika, my sister who is a brand new mommy, and finally "meet" my little nephew, Mr. Bodester, on the computer! MAN, I cannot wait until they move back to the States. Can we please LOOK at the little man to the left? WHO HAS SEEN A CUTER CHILD THAN THAT? I think no one has, if I do say so myself. Nice job, Oma and Opa on the outfit choice :-)

After chatting with my sister and nephew I took off for Dupont Circle because ANDREA is in town for the next two weeks! CRAZY! I can't believe that girl and I have been best friends for the last 11 years. And I love how it went right back to "normal". We had such a blast! We got some food and went to a really great museum. Good thing we got lost in the 105+ degree heat....Sigh. Then, I took off for a BBQ with Kate (my roommate), and Sherrald and her roomie at Dani's Aunt and Uncle's. Dani's parents were there too, as well as a couple of Dani's other friends. It was so fun! We really had a blast. Great food, good laughs, and then there was me quite literally falling asleep in between my turns during the washers game we were playing outside.

Hanging out before dinner

Enjoying being in a real house :-) Thanks Dani & Family!

Just, you know, me breaking Kate's door at the apartment that day....Whoops!

Sunday, I got my butt out of bed early once again (Andrea has an amazing effect on me), met up with Alison outside, and we went and picked up Andrea at Dupont. We headed to the Eastern Market, this really cool flea market, where I got these cool baggy, soft pants I've been wanting for a long time. Then we grabbed some brunch at this amazing cafe and walked on down to the Mall and went to the Air & Space Museum, which was really fun! Alison and I both got EINSTEIN TEE SHIRTS THAT GLOW IN THE DARK. Possibly the best decision I've made in recent times. After metro-ing it back to Dupont, we all got some ice cream while we waited out a CRAZY storm and then Andrea parted ways from us for about 2 hours so we could each take a little nap and I caught up on some reading. Then we all went downtown for a delicious dinner at Mei N Yu, which is a Chinese restaurant that is apparently one of DC's best. It was AMAZING. And the bathroom was SO COOL. Hehe.

Re-doing our on-the-bench Botanical Gardens photo 8 years later :-)

Alison, myself, and Andrea outside the Botanical Gardens

Just being my mature self in the Air & Space museum!

Adding to the collection of these photos!

I'M SO EXCITED ANDREA IS IN DC!!

Alison and I at Mei N Yu for dinner

After dinner I took Andrea up to my dorm and introduced her to my fish and showed her all my lovely photos. Then we just barely got her on the bus (imagine SPRINTING across campus as the bus was closing its doors....But we made it!). Then I had a nice weekend catch-up phone call with Dill and did some homework.

Tomorrow is work and then class, with Tuesday being my last day of class (I'm voting Alison and I wear the Einstein tee shirts). Then we've got Wednesday and Thursday for work (I really want to volunteer at this huge Y convention thing on Thursday) and then Friday is "graduation." WHOA! WHAT?! All week I'll be hanging out with Andrea and saying goodbye to people in my program :-( It's definitely time to go home, but I'll miss everyone! I get to see Jon this weekend and next week I'm staying at Ginny's and continuing to see Andrea and stopping to see some family members. In 2 weeks, I'll be home! YAHOO!

0 comments: