Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I'M AN AUNT!



Today a special something makes me happy.....MY NEW BABY NEPHEW!!!!!!!

WOW! A HUGE congrats to my older sister who gave birth at 2:30AM London time to her first child (the first kid to have a kid in ze family!), a stunningly handsome baby boy :-) We're still awaiting the name decision. Monika, I'm SO proud.

I've been pretty bad at updating my blog in these here parts. But I've been BUSY BUSY BUSY! Life has continued as usual...A.K.A. insane! Here are some pictures from work:

You can't really tell, but Karla and I now officially have our names included on the schedule :-)

Goofin' off on a Friday :-)

Baking with Karla for the ladies!

Last Wednesday, Channel 9 came to Rachael's and did a news story, and according to one of my aunt's, I was on TV twice! WHOO HOO! We had a really interesting panel on volunteering abroad last Thursday, which is something I'm definitely considering. As seen to the right, every night here is one of a kind. I do love my roomies :-)

Friday night I got to see MARIAN! She's finally back from New Zealand :-) She, myself, and her friend from high school got Thai food and heard all about Mer's adventures. When I got home I convinced three of my four roommates to go for frozen yogurt. I'm good at that! Saturday I got up early for the car wash at which I was supposed to volunteer (a fundraising committee I'm on), but it rained, so that didn't happen. It was a nice, sleepy, relaxing day, followed by a really fun night out. Sunday was a rough morning, getting up after less than 4 hours of sleep to do the car wash, but it was really fun.

We were desperate....We even washed bikes and dogs!

We finally reached our monetary goal after 4 hours

Great group!!

The rest of my Sunday was filled with homework and catching up on sleep, as well as frozen yogurt, of course. Yesterday I got the exciting news that MONIKA WAS IN LABOR. Finally, after a day of non-concentrating, I got the text that the baby was born! And man, is he a looker. I spent the rest of the night on the phone with Jon, KK, and my parents, and then finally got to talk to Monika today! Man, it was great to hear her voice. I can't wait to meet the little guy via Skype this coming week...I can't wait to meet him in person as soon as possible!! We're still waiting on the official name decision.

The rest of this week should be sleep deprived as usual. I made an amazing pizza tonight, so at least I won't have to deal with making dinner the next couple nights. I've got a panel on Grad School on Thursday and a visit to the Australian Embassy on Friday....Then this weekend it's off to the Jack Johnson concert with Dani, Sherrald, and Juliana!

0 comments: